27 Mar - The Dean 300

Next ride is 'The Dean'. I rode the Dean as a permanent last year and loved it. I must be cautious though, I did it as a permanent in June and the weather was beautiful. It was one of the sunniest weekends of the year. I have read ride reports from previous Dean calendar events, and if the weather is down ... its a long way.

Route from Bikely - anticlockwise

So, I'll be setting off, early in the morning for a 6AM start in Oxford. I am looking forward to the ride, hoping to take in plenty of country scenery.

This time last year, I was doing my very first 300km bike ride and was full of apprehension. It feels very different now. There is still a wonder of 'what will it be like'. I should know the answer, but I also have the experience that each ride, even the same distance/route, can feel very different on the day.

Oh well, we'll see. It will be the conclusion of a tough month for me and dare I say it ... a treat no matter how it feels on the day.

2 comments:

  1. we are sure that you will make it as always, and keep fingers crossed for lovely weather.
    Love, meim and peip

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dat is 6 keer 50 kilometers na elkaar, dus, 5 goeie pauzekes nemen hé !

    ReplyDelete